I like the roughness of muffins, they have no need for niceties, no delicate rosewater frosting, no sprinkles, no fork required. Just eat it.
You know where you are with a muffin.
This recipe makes 12 small muffins.
Pre-heat oven to 180°
1 mixing bowl
1 mixing spoon
1 cooking tray
1 muffin tray
125g of dairy free spread (eg. Vitalite)
125g of caster sugar
2 standard beaten eggs (or substitutes)
125g of self raising gluten free flour (Doves or supermarket’s own)
1tbs xanthan gum
1tbs soya milk (or other non dairy milk)
Flavouring (eg. 1 lemon (zest and juice) OR handful of dairy free choc chips OR tbs of coffee extract).
1. Cream spread, soya milk and sugar together for approx 2 mins.
2. Crack both eggs into batter and mix again for approx 2 mins / til well combined.
3. Stir in flour and xanthan gum.
4. Add ‘flavouring’ (eg. Choc chunks).
5. Place batter mix in cases then cook in oven for 15 mins.
6. Remove from oven and place on cooling tray.
Allergy / intolerance sufferers.